INTERACTIVE DESIGN/ PROJECT 1



18/9/2023 - 25/9/2023

Week4-Week5

LIM CHAEHWAN (0363792)

Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media/ Taylor's University


INTERACTIVE DESIGN/ PROJECT 1


INTRODUCTIONS



LECTURES

Week 4

WEB STANDARDS

Web standards are essential for simplifying development, ensuring browser-to-browser compatibility, improving accessibility, and creating a better web experience for both developers and users. Accepting these standards will make the Internet a more reliable, accessible, and future-ready platform.

STRUCTURE OF A WEB PAGE

• Understanding structure


• Learning about markup


• Tags and elements

HTML describes the structure of pages

Fig 1.0 Opening tag

Fig 1.1 Closing tag

Fig 1.2 Opening tag

Fig 1.3 Opening tag

The most important thing is to use lowercase letters when making HTML

Fig 1.4 My first website file


Fig 1.3 html file


Fig 1.4 Screenshot of my website




Week 5

 HTML & CSS

-ID and Class attribute
  • ID: Unique identifier for a single HTML element within a page. Used for specific targeting in CSS and scripting (e.g., JavaScript).


  • Class: Groups multiple HTML elements together. Elements with the same class share styles or behaviors. Used for applying styles or scripting to a group of elements.


- CSS
CSS works by associating rules with HTML
elements. These rules govern how the content of specified elements should be displayed.

A CSS rule contains two parts: a selector and a declaration


Fig 1.5 selector


PROJECT 1

The first part of this assignment emphasizes creating a UI design prototype for a digital resume or CV over a period of two weeks. The objective is to effectively showcase the layout, visual elements, and user interface interactions of the digital resume using prototyping tools such as Adobe XD or Figma.

In my case, I used Adobe XD

Fig 2.0 my resume size


1. Content and Structure:

-Profile
-My specialization
-Education
-Design skill
-Language skill
-Hobby&Interest
-Project
-Contact


I wanted to make the digital resume look intuitive, so I sketched a design that actively utilized diagrams

Fig 2.1 Sketch ver 3



Fig 2.2 Sketch revised

While thinking of an idea, I decided to put a logo because I thought I could represent myself well if I used my word mark made during the typography class.
Fig 2.3 My Word mark (My English name)


I found a Serif font that feels similar to my logo through Google Fonts and used it

Fig 2.4 Google font (Young Serif)


I used this mono-tone color palette

Fig 2.4 mono-tone color palette


I designed my multi-digital resume by dividing it into three parts. This part shows my profile and picture as the first part. Using my logo instead of the background image or color, the image was fixed when it was activated on the actual website so that the logo continued to follow.

Fig 2.6 First part of the resume



Fig 2.7  Make a graph (using a pen tool)

Fig 2.8 Use the column to align the columns



Using the scroll group function, you can easily see many one-icon

Fig 2.9 Scroll group



Fig 2.10 Before revised


When designing the project part, I thought about various designs because the number of characters was too large to contain all the contents and the readability was poor. At first, I tried the simplest design, but later made it easier to see by making it in the form of a button through a figure.


Fig 2.11 Revised project part

Final version
Fig 3.0 Profile part with  columns

Fig 3.1 Education, skill etc. part with  columns


Fig 3.2 project, contact part with  columns


Fig 3.3 Profile part


Fig 3.3 Education, skill, etc. part


Fig 3.4 project, contact part

Fig 3.5 Final version(jpg)



Fig 3.6 Final version(PDF)

You can test here, follow this link



FEEDBACK

Week 5: The infographic representation is a good choice. It is important to present the layout concisely.


REFLECTION
Experience: The process of designing the UI prototype for my digital resume was simultaneously challenging and rewarding. The two-week timeframe imposed a sense of urgency that pushed me to carefully consider every aspect of the design, including layout, visual elements, and user interface interactions. Utilizing prototyping tools such as Adobe XD added a layer of professionalism and interactivity to my resume, providing a new dimension to my design exploration.

Observation: The use of prototyping tools opened up avenues of creativity and professionalism that I hadn't fully explored previously. It was intriguing to witness how the chosen typography, color palette, and overall design aesthetic seamlessly melded together, resulting in a cohesive and visually appealing presentation. The process of organizing content into logical sections and prioritizing based on relevance revealed the importance of thoughtful design decisions in creating an impactful user experience. Findings: The completion of this assignment served as a valuable exercise in UI design principles. It not only improved the overall appearance of my digital resume but also deepened my understanding of effective communication through design. The exercise forced me to think critically about how to present my skills and experiences in a visually compelling way. Updating my e-portfolio to showcase the prototype allowed me to articulate the reasoning behind my design decisions, fostering a more profound understanding of the thought processes involved in UI design.

Comments

Popular Posts