Design Principles / Final Complication

DESIGN PRINCIPLES / Final Complication

06/02/2024 - /02/2024

Week 1-Week 7

LIM CHAEHWAN (0363792)/ Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylor's University


INTRODUCTIONS 


1. Link to TASK 1 



FINAL REFLECTION

•What have I learned in this module?
Throughout this module, I have acquired a comprehensive understanding of design principles and their practical applications. I've learned about fundamental concepts such as Gestalt theory, contrast, emphasis, and balance, and how they contribute to creating impactful designs. Additionally, I've gained insights into the role of design in addressing societal issues and communicating ideas effectively.

• What did I enjoy the most?
One aspect I particularly enjoyed was the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge to practical projects. Working on assignments and projects allowed me to experiment with different design elements and techniques, fostering creativity and innovation. Moreover, exploring the work of renowned designers and analyzing their approaches was both inspiring and enriching.

• What did I not enjoy the most?
While the overall experience was rewarding, I found certain aspects challenging, such as grappling with complex design theories and concepts initially. Additionally, balancing coursework with other commitments sometimes posed a challenge, leading to moments of stress and time management difficulties.

• What have I learned about myself through this module?
Through this module, I've discovered my capacity for growth and adaptation in the face of challenges. I've learned to embrace setbacks as opportunities for learning and improvement, and I've become more resilient in overcoming obstacles. Moreover, I've recognized my passion for design and my commitment to continuous learning and development in this field.

• What has changed and what has not in my learning journey?
This module has brought about significant changes in my understanding and appreciation of design principles. I've developed a more nuanced perspective on design and its potential for social impact. However, my intrinsic motivation and enthusiasm for learning have remained constant throughout my learning journey, serving as driving forces for my growth and development.

• What could be improved in this module?
It may be helpful if lectures for a theoretical understanding of design principles are more structured. Additionally, incorporating more hands-on projects or real-life case studies provides students with opportunities to directly apply the concepts they have learned, improving understanding and skill development.

Experience: 
Embarking on the journey of studying design principles has been a transformative experience for me. At first, I thought it was easy, but the more I studied, the more I realized that it was a complex and important subject, and I gradually immersed myself in concepts such as Gestalt theory, contrast, emphasis, and balance. The process of discovering Marine Williams' work, critically analyzing it, and actually creating a paper collage like the work was truly meaningful and fun. This journey stands as an unforgettable lesson, enriching my understanding of design principles in practice.

Observation: 
In observing Marian Williams' Eau de l'Héros, the design went beyond its aesthetic appeal and served as a catalyst for deeper reflection on the concept of dematerialized consumption. Intrigued by its implications, I explored its relevance to contemporary societal concerns, especially the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This observation broadened my horizons and revealed the pivotal role of design in solving the pressing problems of our time.
Through the meticulous process of creating paper collages, I gained profound insight into the far-reaching effects consumerism has on our lives and the environment.

Findings: 
Through the amalgamation of personal experiences and insightful observations, I unearthed the symbiotic relationship between design theory and practical application. Analyzing existing works not only enriched my understanding of design principles but also illuminated their efficacy in communicating ideas, eliciting emotions, and inciting introspection. This newfound realization underscored the transformative potential of design in shaping perceptions and influencing behaviors. It reinforced the notion that learning in the realm of design is a perpetual journey, one that demands continuous exploration and growth. As I culminate this chapter of my design education, I emerge with a renewed zeal to leverage the power of design in effecting positive change and contributing meaningfully to the world around me.

Comments

Popular Posts